There are many advantages to choosing to take a staycation. For one staycations cost far less than holidays that involve great amounts of travelling as you will only be travelling within the UK! Less travel invariably means less stress: less packing, no currency exchange. On top of this you’ll also have the added knowledge that you are placing money back into the UK economy!
In a survey carried out by the English Tourist Board (VisitEngland) provided an insight into what was fueling the sudden rise in the numbers of people choosing to stay in England. Listed below are some of the findings from the survey which was carried out in late 2012:
- 1 in 10 people cut their holiday spending by choosing England rather by abroad
- Most people choosing to holiday in England are motivated by discovering new places
- 6 in 10 feel more proud to be British as a result of the 2012 events
- 14% changed holiday plans as a result of the 2012 events
- Leaving a lasting legacy 2 in 10 people felt more likely to take holidays in England in the future.
The UK has an incredible array of attractions, both manmade and natural and with all this available on our doorsteps choosing to take a holiday in the UK is an opportunity not to be missed. Here at Travelling Suitcase we have a great selection of properties located all over our isle, everyone of which is near to a major attraction! Check out our range of properties here: